Family Medicine Practice in New Jersey
Your personal healthcare advocates and advisors
Our family medicine services are part of the advanced, comprehensive primary care offered by the board-certified physicians at Vanguard Medical Group. Treating patients of all ages, we’re here to address your symptoms when sudden illness strikes, provide ongoing care for chronic conditions and coordinating with specialists if needed. We support your overall health and wellbeing and your mental health with a comprehensive approach that is patient-centered, local and accessible. Vanguard Medical Group is your first line of defense, providing ongoing healthcare for the whole family to keep you healthy and feeling your best.
What Is Family Medicine?
This area of medicine is dedicated to providing comprehensive and personalized healthcare to patients from birth through the senior years. Family medicine doctors are often referred to as primary care physicians and are the first ones that patients call for wellness check-ups or when symptoms arise. At Vanguard Medical Group, our highly qualified family medicine providers are committed to developing strong relationships with each patient, getting to know your lifestyle, family history, fitness levels, and any health concerns you may have, including complex medical cases and mental and behavioral issues.
The Scope of Family Medicine
At Vanguard Medical Group, our family medicine services encompass much more than routine checkups and physicals. Our board-certified physicians diagnose and treat most medical conditions, referring patients to and coordinating care with subspecialists and specialists when required. Providing advanced primary care for infants, children, adolescents, and all other age groups, our family medicine services include:
- Health-risk assessments
- Minor wound and laceration care
- Preventative care and immunizations
- Personalized counseling for a healthy lifestyle
- Treatment of minor injuries, including sprains and strains
- Screenings for breast cancer, colon cancer, and other diseases
- PAP tests, contraception management, and other women’s health services
- Minor surgical procedures (i.e., removal/biopsy of abnormal skin lesions or wart treatment)
- Chronic disease management for conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, asthma, hypertension, etc.
- And more…
Our Family Medicine Team
To become a family medicine doctor, physicians must complete medical school and a three-year comprehensive residency training program, as well as pass their board certification exams. They must also maintain their board certification by completing a required 50 hours of continuing education credits per year and passing reexaminations every seven to 10 years. The family medicine physicians at Vanguard Medical Group meet and exceed these expectations.
When and Where You Need Us
We offer primary care for all ages 365 days-a-year.
- After-hours care
- Electronic health records
- Evening and weekend hours
- Hospital and nursing home care
- House calls
- Office visits
- Patient Portal
- Prescriptions and refills
- Same-day sick visits
- Telemedicine appointments for common medical conditions, 7 days a week, 8 am to 8 pm
Find the Health Care You Need
Vanguard primary care doctors, general practitioners, and specialists have decades of experience, including:
- Primary Care
- Family Medicine
- Geriatrics and Senior Care
- Internal Medicine
- Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
- Primary Care at Home for the Homebound
- Women’s Health
- Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Behavioral Health
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Sports Medicine
Major Insurance Plans Accepted
No health insurance? Ask us how we can help.
Make an appointment today!
To schedule an in-person or virtual eCare video appointment:
Contact our Patient Access Team, weekdays, 8 am to 8 pm at 973-559-0081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call your local office during regularly scheduled office hours.