Your personal healthcare advocates and advisors
Family doctors dedicated to serving you.
Vanguard board-certified family doctors are your main point of contact for wellness as well as complex medical cases – an area previously handled only by specialists.
Personalized healthcare: Your first line of defense
We are your family medical practice “home.” That means we are your first line of defense, providing ongoing care and coordinating with specialists when necessary. We get to know the whole person, including family history, lifestyle, fitness, mental or behavioral health and other concerns.
Vanguard Medical Group family medicine practice services
- Diagnosis and treatment of most medical conditions
- Preventive care, including routine checkups and physicals for school, sports and work
- Health-risk assessments
- Screening tests, including breast and colon cancer
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Management of chronic illnesses such as heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, asthma and other issues
- Coordination of care with subspecialists
- Care for minor wounds and lacerations
- Treatment for sprains, strains and other minor injuries
- Women’s health, including PAP tests and contraception management
- Minor surgical procedures, including removal or biopsy of abnormal skin lesions and treatment for warts
- Care for infants and children
- Adolescent care
Family doctors must complete a 3-year comprehensive residency training program after medical school before taking their first board certification exam. Ongoing certification requires 50 continuing education credits a year, with reexaminations every 7-10 years.