Internal Medicine in New Jersey
Diagnose, prevent and treat a wide variety of health concerns
Serving patients throughout New Jersey with comprehensive primary and specialty care, Vanguard Medical Group’s Lincoln Park and Verona locations are home to board-certified internal medicine doctors, who are experts in preventing, detecting, and treating illnesses in adults of all ages. Learn about the personalized, comprehensive care our internal medicine specialists provide and how they help patients navigate today’s complex medical system.
What Is Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine addresses a wide range of health concerns, from simple to complex conditions. Also known as general internal medicine, this specialty focuses on internal diseases and their prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. At Vanguard Medical Group, our primary care physicians double as internists, providing patients with a clear picture of their overall health and offering effective treatments for common issues involving the following areas:
- Nervous system
- Gastrointestinal system
Our Internal Medicine Services
Vanguard Medical Group’s team of primary care physicians and internists are always standing by to guide patients through the coordination of healthcare for their unique condition. Aside from diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders, our internal medicine doctors also provide the following services:
- Preventive care: This includes everything from routine wellness exams to physicals for school, work, and sports.
- Health-risk assessments: We ask patients personalized questions about their health and assess their overall condition to provide individualized guidance about how to reduce health risks, maintain optimal health, and prevent illness. Areas we examine include:
- Demographics such as gender and age
- Eating and exercise habits, alcohol use, and other lifestyle factors
- Weight, cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and other physical health factors
- Stress levels, mood, and other emotional health factors
- Medical history and current health conditions
- And more…
- Mental and behavioral health services: Good overall health depends on including the right mental and behavioral health services for an individual’s unique challenges. From grief counseling to stress management, we’re here to help.
- Screenings: We offer a wide range of screening tests that can detect serious diseases in their earliest stages, such as breast and colon cancer.
- Immunizations: Whether you’re traveling abroad or simply want to maintain the best state of health possible, our internists can recommend the right vaccines for you.
- Lifestyle counseling: To help our patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, we offer individualized lifestyle counseling that considers a host of factors, like sleep, nutrition, exercise, and more.
- Chronic illness management: If you or a loved one suffers from heart disease, hypertension, asthma, diabetes, or other chronic illnesses, our team is here to assist in managing symptoms and coordinating care with other specialists when necessary.
Learn More about Internal Medicine in NJ
At Vanguard Medical Group, our internal medicine doctors are often the first point of contact for patients when concerns about their health pop up. Upon a thorough evaluation, our patients begin their journey toward better health. For more information, request an appointment in New Jersey at Vanguard Medical Group today.