Primary Care at Home in NJ
High-quality healthcare for homebound seniors
We make in-home visits to provide essential primary care services.
It can be difficult to get to the doctor’s office when you are homebound or chronically ill. That’s why the Primary Care at Home team will come to you to provide essential primary care services to help keep you feeling your best. These visits are covered by insurance, and available to eligible Vanguard patients in select locations.
Our Primary Care at Home team includes Vanguard’s geriatric specialists and experienced geriatric nurse practitioners. Along with providing high-quality healthcare, we help with safety concerns, wellness, and referrals to other providers who offer in-home care. Ensuring that our patients receive the best care possible, helping to keep rising healthcare costs in check, and smoothing out the journey through life and the healthcare system is our primary goal.
Increasing your independence with healthcare at home
We understand that living independently is important to you. We also understand that caregivers sometimes need help. We’re there to listen and provide support, not just for the patient but also for caregivers and the entire family. We value the role of caregivers, and we collaborate with you to help you find the support you need.
Primary Care at Home Services
- Management of acute and chronic illness
- Follow-up care to ease the transition from hospitals and rehab centers
- Medication management
- Referrals to visiting nurse for skilled care, physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Wound care management
- In-home vaccinations
- Assistance with living wills and advanced directives
- Collaboration with hospice organizations
- Diet, nutrition, and wellness counseling
- Resources to support caregivers
- Guidance on medical equipment and supplies
- Referrals to home care providers, including podiatrists, ophthalmologists, and dentists
- Screening and treatment for dementia, anxiety, depressions, and other issues
Request an Appointment for Primary Care At Home Healthcare Services
This program is located geographically around select offices. Contact us to see if your location is in our service area. Call 973-239-2600 ext. 4.
Most major insurance plans and Medicare are accepted.
Connections at Home NJ
To learn more about homebound seniors experiencing social isolation, please visit Connections at Home, a 501 c 3 nonprofit.