Helping Patients Lose Weight in New Jersey
With the support and medically guided counseling from Vanguard Medical Group, patients can make meaningful lifestyle changes that lead to lasting weight loss. We offer in-person weight loss services from our Verona, New Jersey office, as well as telehealth services for patients of our locations throughout north and central New Jersey. Learn more about what our personalized programming offers.
Personalized Weight Loss Support
At Vanguard Medical Group, we provide a strong support system for patients on their path toward weight loss. We know that losing weight is a personal journey that can be a challenge, but a customized plan can help our patients find success. Whether our patients are combating obesity or are struggling to manage a health condition, we’re here to help them achieve their goals.
Our programs are guided by our dietitian/certified diabetes care and education specialist, and supporting staff who are sensitive to the unique challenges of each patient and can answer any questions that arise throughout the process. We monitor patient progress every step of the way to ensure they’re well on their way to better health.
Preliminary Health Screenings
The first step for patients in our weight loss counseling program is a comprehensive health screening. Through this process, our specialists analyze several factors that indicate the current health of the patient. These factors include the following:
- Physical condition, mental health, and family history
- Dietary deficiencies
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
Our initial screening also may provide insight into the reasons for weight gain or why the patient hasn’t been able to lose weight. We’ll discuss the patient’s relationship with food, ongoing medical conditions, and other concerns.
Nutritional Counseling and Exercise Planning
Through nutritional counseling and exercise activity goals, we help patients make healthy changes that fit their lifestyles. Each patient is given individualized advice on how they can best maintain a healthy meal and activity routine that addresses their unique health needs and challenges. Our nutrition services include:
- Education: We provide the most current information on optimal caloric intake, how different foods affect the body, and other common topics.
- Goal setting: We help patients set goals, and work to achieve them. We provide meal ideas and recipes to help you lose weight with the ideal combination of protein, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Delicious recipes: Recipes meet the cultural and nutritional needs of our patients, including vegans, vegetarians, and pescatarians, and take individual taste into account.
- Medical nutrition therapy: These services are designed to help patients nutritionally manage metabolic conditions, such as high cholesterol, hypertension, and diabetes.
Our personalized routines are easy to fit into a busy schedule and they combine cardiovascular activity and strength-training exercises to provide a well-rounded approach. Patients are given set targeted goals for the number of calories to burn each day, and activities are recommended with regard to joint conditions, muscle pain, and other health concerns.
Get the Ideal Weight Loss Support for You
Let Vanguard Medical Group support you on your wellness journey through our weight loss services. Patients can access their medical information 24/7 via our patient portal. Request an appointment for an in-person consultation at our Verona, NJ, office, or a virtual visit from one of in north and central New Jersey.