Prevent and treat injuries using the best techniques in sports medicine
Benefit from the same techniques we use to help professional athletes.
Whether your goal is to stay active and healthy, transform your fitness level or get back in the game as an elite athlete, the sports medicine doctors at Vanguard Medical Group can help.
We believe everybody, including children, teens, active adults and seniors, can benefit from the same techniques and technology our physicians use to help elite athletes.
When waiting is not an option
Led by former NCAA Division 1 gymnast Dr. Melissa Mascaro, our friendly staff and physicians are focused on preventing and rapidly treating acute injuries and chronic overuse issues. We pride ourselves on a team approach that includes communicating with orthopedic specialists, coaches, athletic trainers and therapists to develop the best treatment plan for you. Working together, we will develop a plan to fit your needs – whether it’s a new treatment or a holistic, non-invasive therapy such as acupuncture, massage or stress reduction.
Benefit from the latest techniques
We are highly skilled in musculoskeletal ultrasound techniques and offer advanced procedures such as PRP, whole blood injections and the latest treatments for Achilles and patellar tendinopathies.
Concussion assessment and management
Employing evidence-based medical therapies, our comprehensive concussion management includes baseline and post injury ImPACT testing among other neurocognitive assessment tools and individualized, return-to-play protocols. As New Jersey sports medicine leaders, we also refer to the most knowledgeable specialists, including neuropsychologists and vestibular therapists.
Vanguard Medical Group sports medicine services
- Strains, strains and non-surgical issues
- Pre-participation exams
- Counseling for nutrition, weight loss, fitness and substance abuse
- Exercise and weight loss programs for elderly, diabetics, children and adolescents and women who are pregnant
- Sports rehabilitation
- Osteoarthritis management
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Triggerpoint injections
- ADHD evaluations and therapeutic use exemption forms
- Treadmill testing for exercised-induced bronchoconstriction
- Compartment pressure testing
- Hyperbaric medicine including SCUBA fitness assessments
- Custom orthotics and braces