Understanding your specific dietary needs
Customized counseling for diabetes, weight loss and hypertension.
When dietary choices affect our health, it’s important to consult with a medical nutrition specialist. Vanguard Medical Group’s Nutrition Service provides comprehensive nutrition counseling for people with diabetes, those struggling with weight loss, and patients with hypertension, high cholesterol and other medical issues.
Taking the time to get to know you
It’s not always easy to change one’s eating habits. That’s why we get to know you personally through individual education and consultation sessions. Our staff includes health coaches, registered dieticians and certified diabetes educators. They can provide answers to all your nutrition questions and work with you on individual basis considering your special needs and requirements.
Vanguard Medical Group Nutrition Services
- Diabetes and prediabetes counseling
- Weight loss counseling
- High cholesterol and hypertension dietary management
- Personalized meal plans, including vegan or vegetarian diets
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
Classes for Diabetes and Prediabetes
Vanguard Medical Group holds diabetes self-management group classes, covered by most insurance. Topics include:
- Learn to live well and finally prevent or manage diabetes
- Understand the diabetes process
- Conquer nagging questions about which foods to choose
- Be motivated to get fit and stay active
- Appreciate the need to monitor blood sugar levels
- Become expert at properly taking your medication
- Able to tackle sick days, traveling, and unexpected blood sugar levels
- Lessen your potential for serious complications
Stress, anxiety or depression may sometimes get in the way of a good diet and a healthy lifestyle. If this is the case, our behavioral health nurse practitioner is available to help.
Choose a Nutrition Services Practitioner at an office near you: