Utilizing conventional and alternative therapies for increased overall wellness
Preventive Care with a Focus on Mind, Body and Spirit
At Vanguard, we consider all factors that influence health, wellness and disease. That’s why we not only deliver state-of-the-art medical care, based on a deep understanding of medical science, but we also provide alternative therapies and self-care strategies to promote the body’s own healing process. “Integrative medicine” is the term used to describe this blend of conventional and alternative therapies.
A Well-Rounded Approach to Health
Our integrative medicine practitioners believe that good medicine is based on science, and they provide you with evidence-based options that include both conventional and alternative therapies. We’ll develop a treatment plan that addresses the full person – mind, body and spirit – with a focus on preventive care and wellness. That may include acupuncture, massage, nutrition, yoga, meditation, Ayurvedic medicine and more. These therapies help in the management of stress and anxiety in addition to promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Partners in Care
Importantly, we work together with you on a comprehensive health and wellness program that encourages self-exploration and self-development. Our integrative providers take the time to get to know the whole person, including family history, lifestyle, fitness, relationships, stress level, sleep schedule, diet, hygiene and environmental influences. Together, we address the “pain points” with solid scientific medicine and holistic healing practices.
Integrative Medicine Services
- Comprehensive evaluation of health and wellness
- A science-based treatment plan that includes conventional and alternative therapies where appropriate
- Personalized advice on nutrition, exercise, stress reduction and other lifestyle interventions
- Recommendations regarding vitamin and herbal supplements
- Referrals to other practitioners when appropriate (chiropractor, behavioral therapist, health coach, support groups, energy healer, herbalist, massage therapist, aroma therapist, etc.)