Vanguard Medical Group internists: personalized, comprehensive care.
Internal medicine physicians are experts in the prevention, detection and treatment of illness in adults through all stages of life. Often the first point of contact for patients if there is a problem or a question, Vanguard Medical Group internists can smooth out the journey through today's complex medical system.
Vanguard Medical Group internists treat the whole person the old-fashioned way
Your internist is there to help guide and coordinate your care. In addition to diagnosing and treating illness, our internal medicine practitioners provide:
- Preventive care, including routine exams and physicals for school, sports and work
- Health-risk assessments, including quality of life indicators
- Mental and behavioral health
- Screening tests, including breast and colon cancer
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Management of chronic illnesses such as heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, asthma and others, including coordination of care with other medical specialists
What is internal medicine?
Internal medicine physicians are equipped to help patients with simple or complex health concerns. Our internists also bring to patients an understanding of wellness, as well as effective treatment of common issues involving the eyes, ears, skin, nervous system, lungs, heart and gastrointestinal system.