Geriatrics and Senior Care
Enhancing quality of life as we age.
As we age, our bodies go through changes. There are changes we can see, such as that gray hair or wrinkles near our eyes. There are changes that are less apparent, such as a slightly slower heart rate, or the shrinking of our bones. At Vanguard Medical Group, we have a special division that helps you successfully confront these changes, and age gracefully with an enhanced quality of life.
A Comprehensive Approach in One Place
We treat the whole person, which means that we take a thorough, detailed approach to your primary care. We monitor your cardiovascular system, digestive system, bones, joints and muscles, bladder and urinary tract, memory, vision and hearing, skin changes, weight, and sexuality. We proactively treat health issues before they lead to hospitalization, and if needed, refer you to a subspecialist for more focused treatment.
A Caring and Expert Staff
We spend the time with you to educate you on your health. Our experienced geriatric staff includes certified geriatricians and geriatric nurse practitioners. You'll find our staff accessible and responsive. Patients or caregivers can call at any time for questions on medications or any other issues.
Vanguard Medical Group Geriatrics and Senior Care Services
- Treatment of conditions related to aging including osteoporosis, arthritis, hearing or vision loss, urinary incontinence, memory loss
- Management of transitions from hospital to outpatient
- Hospice care, pain and palliative care
- Routine wellness care, medication management, and counseling on vitamin supplements
- Same day appointments available